Sunday, June 3, 2012

ONE WEEK

So today was my first day actually on the job, and I actually enjoyed it. For those who don't know, I am the Desk Operations Lead of Conference Services, so in retrospect, I make sure everything in the fore front is handled smoothly. I'm not saying it was much, and I'm not saying it was horrible. It was a job, it was a purpose after a week I have been there. It was needed. Now that I can finally implement my schedule, I can set up a more filled routine and a purpose. A purpose is something that many of my close friends will know that it is something I live by. I don't like it if I am of little or no need. With this, I can maybe not be so distracted from alcohol. What also helps, is finally hitting the first week. I anticipated that this would be the hardest for me mentally, especially this weekend. Alas, I survived :)

I think another aid to this, is admitting to my co-workers what's going on. Maybe have my own cheering section here, and encourage and even bigger celebration with the 28th comes in. Here's hoping. I'm in the midst of setting up my drinking crew now, and its a 3 member team...for now ;)

It still however is insane how often I think about drinking. It's such a communal thing for me. It's how I let my guard down, it helps others who are up tight relax. It is just something fun to do. I think what is also hard about all of this, is that I am completely isolating myself from any contact of it. I have debated going to a liquor store, (to start making my dream list) but I just feel like I question how strong my will power is. If I have someone place a drink in front of me, I think I would react just like a recovering alcoholic. It would be like giving into temptation. It's the same thing if Mila Kunis walked in my room naked and I was told not to react...or touch. It just wouldn't happen. I could see myself drinking, just like reenacting that sex scene from "Black Swan".


Happy First week Lauren. At least I'm proud of me. I have a plan, and this month will go over so soon :)

Tell someone you love them :)

I was going to post a smiley face, but this is to acknowledge the fact that another distraction will be heading my way. Season 5 of True Blood.... ah!

No comments:

Post a Comment