Sunday, June 17, 2012

21: Surgeon General Warning: Side Effects of No Booze

For those who are under aged and are actually following the law, these side effects may seem typical. For me and my fellow alcoholics, expect your mind to be blown on how my body is right now.

These side effects are not the same of everyone, some may change or may increase depending on previous quantity of alcohol consumption.

Energy- I have boat loads of it. I can go to bed at 2AM, wake up at 8AM feeling refreshed, energized and ready to start the day. My day has a lot involved with it too. At least an eight hour work day with a two hour workout, reading, and walking around the city or riding my bike I am perfectly fine. This energy is starting to make me feel like a seventeen year old girl again. During the school year, waking up at 8AM had to have significant g meaning. Even if I did wake up that early you could guarantee that I would be back in bed within a two hour period to catch up on the two hours I wasted staying up. It's crazy, how much I love doing something; anything. When I watch television shows, I'm usually doing push ups, jumping jacks, mountain climbers. I'm like a machine that ceases to rust.Unless its "True Blood" because you can't miss one second of that fucking show I shit you not.

Strength-I used to think beer had at least a tiny bit of protein in it. It's funny though because the food I eat here must have some sort of meth that Popeye would put in his spinach. I have only been working out for about two weeks and the definition in my legs, arms, even my pot belly stomach is peeking through. I haven't seen abs on my stomach since birth. Again, this is were if I were a meme you'd insert the success kid about how active I am becoming again. I think this means I should find a sport for myself when I get back. Boxing or Rugby?

Eating Habits- No more drunk munchies for me! Since I've been here I almost felt like I was leaning towards being a vegetarian. It's a shame that I love fish too much ;) I had red meat for the first time yesterday, and I mean it was good, but I would have been happier with a salad, or a pile of fruit. I don't even eat a lot of carbohydrates or starches. I barely eat bread. If you knew me back in Buffalo, I FUCKING LOVE BREAD! All that seems to go in my system are simple sugars like fruit, fiber from raw vegetables, and lean meats. I commend Syracuse University on their cuisine. Obviously it's not fabulous because regardless its campus food, but it certainly puts Canisius to shame. Yea I went there.

Great Mood- I know when all three aspects are in full effect I am in a brilliant mood. Without one of these aspects that's when my mood shifts, and my anger rises. It's funny because I used to think I had a ton of energy when I would go out until 5AM and wake up at 9AM for work. Actually, I would just stare at the computer, reeking of alcohol and pray that when I had to drive the shuttle for a family that the motion sickness from being  drunk and dizzy wouldn't take over leaving me the only option to barf on a kids new pair of jays. Hm. Never thought of it that way. It's like I was awake but I wasn't really there. It's like God would just pick me up, brush my teeth and my hair, iron my clothes and send me off for the day and hope that he did all that he could.



No comments:

Post a Comment