Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Day 9 It's Worth a Shot

Ok, so I'm really having a hard time just writing about how much I want to drink. Instead, I'm going to torture myself even more, and teach you how to make some of my favorite drinks. The first will start with is a Baby Guinness.

This shot was introduced to me by my friend Chris Sarbora. Got that ladies, Christopher Sarbora. He's hot shit, and if I were straight I'd already be on baby number three. I've only known him for two years. Wait a second, he's in a relationship I think. It can be a quickie.

So Chris, and I'm sure the entire Ireland crew at the time were at The Quays and he talks about this shot called a baby Guinness. I'm pretty sure a few of his buds were visiting at the time.Chris looks over to me and asks me if I've had it. I'm pretty sure I was already drunk, and I stared at him confused. Then he offers and asks "Well do you wanna go do one?". I'm pretty sure I was already standing up and walking to the bar.

Chris, his friend (I was really drunk) and I go to the bar and we order the shot to the bartender. What this bartender does with his hands were like magic. Trust me, I only look at a man's hands if he's cooking or making me a drink. He takes a shot glass, pours some Kahlua easy enough. Then, he takes Baileys with a pour top and gracefully, tops the Kahlua with the Baileys so it just rests there. It was as if they didn't even touch. I stared at him in disbelief. This wasn't because of his technique it was because the shot was about 6 euro.

The shot was delicious. It's hard to explain the taste. It's almost like a shot of a mocha frappacino at starbucks to me.

So the next day, during my hangover period, I thought about that shot. However, I knew I didn't want to pay for it all the time at the bar. I thought hey, why not make it and that will be cheaper? Riiight. I really meant, I should make this so I can have more than one shot!

So steps to making this delicious shot

  1. You need a shot glass. I'm sorry, but having a glass of this isn't really appetizing, I tried.
  2. Pour Kahlua so it takes up about 75% of the shot glass
  3. Now, if you don't have a pour, take the bottle of Baileys (THIS IS IMPORTANT YOU MUST BE GENTLE) and slowly let it pour out. While it begins to pour, you want to turn the shot glass, so the bailey's can float on top.
  4. Don't be discouraged if it breaks the surface tension and splits the Kahlua. In most cases, it will just float back up. That's the science of it. You just look bad ass making it just naturally rest because your drunken friends will think your Rafiki. At least mine did...Racist bastards.
  5. Drink up!
Day 9 blows.

No comments:

Post a Comment