Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Day 24: Grapes for Summer right?

A good summer wine  should be light, crisp, have some fruit or floral notes on the nose, and above all; be fucking delicious just like the rest of the great wines of the world. I'm excluding wines made by Yellow Tail, barefoot, and sutter home. If you like any of these wines, I'm sorry but right now I challenge you to open your palate.

I'm not here to provide the science of how these wines are made. Why? Reasons are that I don't have a concrete knowledge on how and I refuse to steal someone else's idea. I only tell you what I know. I know that these three types of wines are the way to go for the summer, and I'm going to show you my favorite ones for you to try on your next picnic, or Shakespeare at the Park, or booty call.

  Yes they still happen.


Rose' JELU Malbec Rose'- This wine is simply delicious! It's crisp, it has great cherry notes and my mother can testify to this too. It could be because her and her friend finished the bottle leaving me only a glass left to try for myself. Like most Rose's, it has a lovely light pink color to it. However I will say that this particular one is a bit darker. Again, I get a really nice sweet flavor to the tongue, but it's not an artificial sweetness. The wine derives its sweetness from the Malbec grape grown in South America(however the Malbec grape has its origin from France, I believe this is a clone)It's natural. You can get drunk off of natural flavors isn't that great! Oh wait, that's pretty much all alcohol aside from flavored vodkas.

White Blends Pine Ridge- I dub this the wine of the summer thanks to my friend Brandon's recommendation. He told me that this wine is a white blend of Chenin blanc and Viogner. It has the perfect mix of fruit but again, not too sweet. Put it in the fridge for about 20 minutes and you're in heaven. All of the flavors just come alive in this wine. He was not lying to me, grant it he never does. It is even the Mrs. all time favorite so maybe that might boost it's cred!


Champagne Mum Nappa Cuvee'- Well I know this wine is great for celebrations! I had the pleasure of sharing this wine with a friends in honor of my rommate's Graduation ! This champagne is not Andre, or any other crappy champagne. It's a sparkling wine that isn't heavy in the bubbles. You get a lovely taste of peach and citrus that I think would be just perfect for a mimosa.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment