Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Back to School means Back to Booze




Alcohol is the perfect school supply to unwind from a rough day of class, or ease the pain of a bad test grade. It is also great at erasing your memory for the night.

However the most anticipating part of college is in fact the first weekend of classes. Think of it has a family reunion or your favorite typical gathering with a mix of trash.

Thus this means you need to stock your bar right. However, we're in college. We cannot afford classy liquor all the time, but don't scam yourself either. There's alcohol that you can buy that's not expensive, but still delicious.

Here's  a few to choose from, and a few that you should avoid at all costs because it is a waste.

Rum
Bacardi is always a good choice. I'd say that it's a consistent rum,also right on with the taste you want.  However, at most places this rum can be a bit over priced. you are better off buying a half gallon or handle of the stuff. Aside from this, I'd suggest a rum that's valued at about $18-$20 for a liter. It's probably legit. Avoid Barton at all costs.
Everyone deserves to spoil themselves. A fifth of this rum ranges about $30. However, the flavors are a lot more present than silver rum. I always try to avoid silver rum if I don't care about the presentation of my cocktails. Others who prefer darker rums will usually lean towards a spiced rum because they think it has the most flavor. That is not necessarily true. Spiced rums can be good, but it will only be one thing; spiced rum. If you want something that doesn't have just an additional flavor, something that was crafted on its own natural ingredients, 10 Cane is your rum.
Vodka
I'd say for college, this is the best vodka to go for. It's decent, and kind to your wallet. I only recommend this vodka for those who need it for A LOT of mixing. Also, a handle is only about $20 if you go to the right place. If they charge you anymore than that walk away. Seriously, get the fuck out they're robbing you.

JUST DON'T DO IT! I'm not saying Absolut is a God awful vodka...Wait yes I am. To pay $30 for a fifth  is just a scam. Most people use vodka as vices for mixing and creating cocktails so why pay so much? I wouldn't even do a shot of this if it were free.
I'm not sure if a lot of people have been exposed to this classic Russian vodka. If you're looking for class, a liter of this is no more than $25. When you taste it, you'll know you're getting what you paid for. It's a smooth, simple, and sophisticated vodka. We all deserve to spoil ourselves sometimes.

Tequila
You can't go wrong here. Good Tequila is reasonable. Great Tequila is not cheap (you'll see) Espolon is a reasonable tequila that is pretty good. If anyone remembers my lesson of tequila and needs to know what to look for your answer awaits here. Sold by the fifth for about $25.
Probably the cheapest Tequila you can find in the states, but if I had to pick this or Jose, you better believe this will be in my mouth. Some places less than $15. great for Margaritas, Tequila Sunrise, Long Island Iced Tea. A drink you can make were you say "I just don't give a flying FUCK"
All I have to say is do research. This is your Christmas present to yourself. This is what you'll buy for Cinco de Mayo. This is not the best I've had, because the best I've had retailed at $100. This ranges based on each brand $45-$80. Still delicious.




Bottoms up!

Next Post: Let's Talk about Gin. Coming Soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment