Monday, July 23, 2012

Top Five Beers of the Summer

In no particular order.. You'll find that these beers have a theme. The theme is EPIC. Enjoy.
Shock Top- I have literally just been introduced to this beer during my 30 day binge. I am thankful for that because I think its one of the best beers you could have this summer. ESPECIALLY with all of this dry heat that has hit this season. In fact, it was so refreshing that I pounded three pints of the stuff in less than hour. You really get the citrus notes (specifically oranges) more than anything in this beer. If that is something that you like, then by all means, give me a call ;)
AGAIN a beer that I got exposed to recently. 312 goose Island beer (Urban Wheat Ale). This beer does not have as much fruit as Shock Top, but I think it works for those who still want something that is refreshing but with more character. You don't need an orange wedge for this one, just a bottle opener really.
Samuel Adams Summer Ale- This beer and I have a lot of history together. We've rung in numerous birthdays, cookouts, and "Shit Show Sundays" (I'll explain another time). This will always be one of my favorites. When you view the last two beers one thing I will say about them is that they are always consistent in their flavor. Every summer you never know how this batch of Summer Ale will taste. It usually has two characteristics; either more on the hop side, or full of a lemon citrus note. Since it is summer, my palate prefers more citrus for a beer, however this years batch actually has a happy medium. For those avid followers you would know that this was my first drink after my 30 day hiatus.
Hoegarrden (who-gaarden)- This beer has a similar characteristic as Summer Ale, but like I said before, it's more consistent with it's taste. Another beer with a lot of citrus, but a really nice balance of wheat and barely for a blonde. I was introduced to this beer when I was abroad in Galway, Ireland. I really thought that when I came back to the states I would never see it again. However, Wegmans never lets me down, and I found every beer I had right at my fingertips. Pure Bliss!
This is my inner cheap college kid/hippie/wannabe drug addict showing. PBR(Pabst Blue Ribbon) is just delicious for the price. I don't feel guilt for drinking it, and I usually drink it just to get wasted. Which is obviously why it is one of my summer beer choices. It's smooth, has a lot of barely, and it's cheap as fuck. Nough Said.

No comments:

Post a Comment