Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day 3 You know you miss alcohol when..

     You recognize every winery on EVERY television program. I have seen Layer Cake and Cup cake
as well as so many others that I don't remember I just want to find Jesus and drink his blood if it's aged well enough. Okay, that was Zombie like I'm sorry, it's just the new big thing.You know yesterday I was very positive about how well I was doing, until I realized that it hasn't even been  a week yet. This week is going by so slow. That is also because there isn't much in Syracuse past 8PM....but the bars. It's not as if I am avoiding them, I just haven't found a potential drinking buddy. I've made a few friends , just .not someone I know who won't judge me stealing campus property at 5:30AM on June 28th.

     I was talking to Jon about beer, and hard liquor. I may have told him how I'm trying really not to be the manager that buys a cooler and stores beer in it rather than food......(What he doesn't know is that I'll be the one to just buy a fucking refrigerator).

     He made a mention of Guinness, so then I had to think about my first time drinking it. I was in Ireland at Tig Coili with my roommates at the time (Of course, I was already drunk). I didn't know that its best to start out with a stout ,then proceed to lighter beers or blonde beers. For those who aren't familiar with any stout; they are very filling. I actually am a proud sponsor of the stout diet in Ireland. I lost 20 lbs, and worked out everyday. Hell, I want to lose weight now, but I have to do it like "Americans" by working out, eating HEALTHY making yourself throw up blah blah blah. So anyway, as I was saying the stout diet.
  1. drink a stout
    1. that's dinner
  2. drink another sweeter stout or a lager
    1. that's dessert
  3. Drink everything else
    1. Party time
     Then instead of dwelling with a hangover just go take a shower, go straight to the gym and shower again.

    I'm straying from explaining my first Guinness experience. So I ask for the pint and as soon as it comes out the draft it looks brown...like poop. The bartender sets it down so I go and grab it.

     Rule #1. DON'T EVER take a Guinness before its settled. They're temperamental like a women on their period you just gotta wait for that shit to be over.

     The bartender saw me do it (as well as the natives), and he took my hand and slapped it. "This be ye first warning woman. No, No, No, wait till she ready" he said.... He's lucky he was cute or I would have slapped his hand and said "Don't tell a black women not to touch something long and black"....This also would have been a good comeback if I were straight. Instead I was just like,
and went on my merry way when it was ready.

      And so, lesson for today is........I really don't have one for you. It hasn't even been 72 hours and I'm this close to hijacking all of the hand sanitizer dispensers and making that salt concoction to get the alcohol out. That's the new thing right? At least I'm not eating someone's face off in a bar for the liquor in their pours. That's just because I would just have bought a pint.

TELL SOMEONE YOU LOVE THEM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment