Saturday, December 8, 2012

Why I love Wine: A Compliation of my favorites of 2012

There are times like there were all I want to do is curl on my couch, turn on the tv and watch a show with substance, and moral character. I show full of substance, playful banter, and one that truely expresses the vaule of traditions.
 
So, as I was watching "Drawn Together" in sweats and my favorite pair of socks.
 
 
Wonder woman knee highs
 
I found myself in the worst possible situation a twenty three year old drunk would be faced with; no booze in the house.
 
  It hit me, on such a cool night I need the best medicine to consume that only compliments a fall night like this in such a relaxing location. A glass  bottle of wine seemed like that would be the best option.
 
Then I realized, I need to share my favorite wines of the year.
 
Ladies and Gentlmen, the fab 5.
 
Orin Swift "E"
Most of you have heard me talk about  Orin Swift wines frequently, but here is something that is finally affordable for all with the college budget. This Spanish red (Thus E for Espana) has the perfect balance of fruit and spice with an added dose of "That's the stuff right there".
 
 
 
Villa San-Juliette Cabernet Sauvignon
I love Cabernet Sauvignon. Its bred with Cabernet Franc, and Sauvignon Blanc. Normally, "Cabs" are heavy in tanin but again, this wine is lighter and fruity, because of it's location (Paso Robles). Like all Cabs though, it still has the weight you would want in a Cab.
Terradora Lacyrma Christi
Want one of the dirtiest things in the world aside from Lindsay Lohan's P***y? (Because no one wants that anymore) This wine is it. It's got that volcanic soil taste with dark deep fruits which pull it all together into a healthy, hearty wine to immerse yourself in.
 
Mumm Napa Cuvee
Celebrate for New years with this! Stop drinking Andre and J Roget. It's simply soda pop for adults. We are better than that. Get the same sweetness as those cheap sparkling wines, but add apricot, pear, and little bubbles in your glass. Little bubbles = classy bitch.
Bota Box Redvolution
I mean come on,we're in college! I have to promote a boxed wine for those who NEED to buy in bulk. It's a simple blend but it's great for ANY occassion..during the day.
Breakfast- Bota Flakes
Lunch- Botawich
Dinner- Redvolution stew
It's pretty versatile.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment