Thursday, January 5, 2012

The First

   I think it's safe to say that whenever someone tries to boast about a certain topic, (whether its sports, politics, or religion) A reader has to have some sort of an origin on how it began. So, why don't I tell you about how it all began to be; my road to alcoholism.
   
   I was three years old and it was New Years Eve, my mom and  my grandma were in the kitchen, my grandmother sitting by the table with me, probably telling me some ancient story about how going to the movies cost you only 12 cents (I couldn't even count, which explains this story quite a bit), I noticed there was a large amount of tan water in her glass. What attracted me more to it, was the fact that there were bubbles inside. Not like pop though, it had it's own unique fizz that never settled.

   "grandma what do you have?"
" Oh it's Cinzano baby. Dar can Lauren have some?"

   Instantly my eyes glowed and I felt this sudden urge of excitement. "Was it Christmas already? am I getting anything I want tonight? Because if that's the case, I want in on Grandma's medicine supply, after she's done taking those, she seems like the happiest person in the world, her own personal Disney."

   Anyway, My mom pours me a bit of bubbly in my Barney sippy cup, and immediately I take it too my lips and drink. Instantly I'm intrigued by the taste; the fizz rises to your nose, and the bubbles tickle your tongue as it puts a smile to my face.

" MOMMY IT TASTES LIKE EXPLODING ORANGE JUICE!"

I never stopped drinking Champagne on New years.


Champagnes to drink:
 Perrier Jouet de Fleur - $200
Dom Perignon- $200 
Nicholas Fueillatte- Various types from $50-$30
Chandon- $20
Martini Asti -$14
Cinzano- $10
Balitore- $10

No comments:

Post a Comment